9.25.2006

tommy, please tell me you got that...

yes, that was a direct allusion to jimmy fallon's "sully and zazu" skits on saturday night live. and if sully had been in nantucket this past weekend, there would have been a few things he would have demanded that tommy videotape.

we had a great arrival to the island. the weather was wonderful and while our room was teensy tiny, it was a really great b-and-b. we also had some great food during our stay, including an amazing white pizza!

of course there was shoppping and a hike out to the brant point lighthouse. it was so pretty to see a lighthouse and the ships and the sunset and all.

however, these are not the moments that demanded i write this.

those of you who know me well, have ever traveled with me, or been in immediate proximity to me for long enough will see how "me" this is. i was taking a picture at the beach. i walked out onto a rock, of course, to get the best shot. there was another rock behind me and i turned to step onto it. yes, yes, here we have it. the step did not go well. instead of landing firmly on the rock with sure footing, i flipped my ass in the drink! yes, i went all the way under. yes, the water was wicked cold. yes, i found it hilarious.

s-a said she could see me laughing before i even came up from the briny deep. who wouldn't laugh? especially after predicting the incident mere moments before! the issue was not merely me going swimming, however. the rest of the story includes a loss of a blackberry, an ipod, and a digital camera that were all either in my hands or my purse and accompanied my fall.

then there was the walk back in the rain, the burning of a bra on a lamp (trying to dry it), the dousing with cold water while on the late cargo ferry, the rush to boston, and the ditching of dollars and dollars of cosmetic creamy stuff and gels and cosmetics at the logan airport ticket counter only to find the plane we were late for was delayed once again. but, even with the silly little mishaps, the cutie coast guard boys and the way cute pilots we had, along with much-needed girl time and a great friend, made it all worth it!

tommy's pics to be posted soon!

3 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger `Koa said...

I'm glad you had such great fun on your trip; I only wish I could be there to see your slip-and-slide action with the rock. Are you going to get your electronics back? (like.... insurance?)

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Sally-Anne said...

Who'da thunk to insure that stuff? Do they even offer klutz insurance? If so, I need to buy up! You're the only person who could have out-klutzed me this weekend. These pictures are priceless!

 
At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...still waiting for those priceless pix LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


asbestos cancer