11.13.2006

lessons from the bottom of a mojito...

i got home from a conference in orlando just yesterday, and these few days away taught me quite a bit. not only did i realize that mojitos made while a restuarant is empty are much better than those slapped together when the crowd is bustling, but i now know i can talk, well. the presentation at the conference went great. i had fun with my buddy and we entertained and informed, the true marks of good teachers.

i also learned that high school does not go away. the friends you had then were friends for a reason, and they may or may not be suitable as "adult" friends. i had a great time reaquainting myself with high school friends. granted, they were friends all the way through college as well, but time is time, and it either moves your further away or closer together.

we still have very different lives, some married, some single, some divorced, and then me, stuck in the middle. we have different jobs and even different living situations, but a few drinks and some old stories bond you like nothing else. laughing over your past is a great part of getting older. and finding friends, at the bottom of a mojito or not, is a great thing!

1 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger Morris said...

This was the night before Ella was born, so I couldn't have joined you, but on almost any other occasion there's nothing I'd rather do than share a mojito with the Hoyden. Hope it was at Monkey Bar downtown -- best mo in Orlando, and myself being a Mo, I should know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


asbestos cancer