5.21.2007

the love letter...

after watching the movie the love letter (1999), i realized that i had thrown away all of the letters of care and concern that i've ever gotten. i never got a real love letter, mind you, but i had cards that came with flowers and the "i love you" letters from the ex-hubby's deployments. but i threw them all out last july.

that made me rather sad. i realized i may never get another love letter, ever. but, up stepped a pal of mine. he wrote me a love letter. here it is:

I could use Shakespeare or Chaucer, Thoreau or Blake, but they could never have said how I feel about you. I look into your eyes and see the missing piece of my soul I thought I could never find. Your touch makes me feel alive and believe in love again. When your lips touch my lips, I feel like I’ve been kissed for the very first time. When you are away from me, I can still taste you on my lips and smell your sweet scent on my hands. When I close my eyes I can still see every curve or your sensuous body with my throbbing memory. I want to touch every inch of you with my hands and mouth and make you feel the way a woman was meant to feel. You are the other half of my soul and make me whole. Without you, I am not a man.

now while i know this is a "fake" letter, it made me cry. i want to feel that again. i want to make someone feel this way. i can't imagine a life of getting up every day if i really felt this wasn't a possibility. there is hope. there is love. it will just take a while to find it.

1 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger `Koa said...

As I read the words scripted so carefully upon the page, I felt the stretching of my face into wide-eyed wonder; beyond that, as I continued, I felt shock and a large smile form at my lips.

And it all quickly faded away as liquid pours across a hard surface as I read the remaining text: the disclaimer.

I can only guess at how it made you feel both accepted, loved, elated, and thoroughly disappointed at the same time.

Still, know there are those out there who do love you (even if it doesn't happen to be in such a ... revealing and needing manner). We miss you where we are, and wish you the best.

And keep in touch, damn it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


asbestos cancer